Accepting PhD StudentsThis faculty member is currently accepting Ph.D. students
Irene PasquettoAssistant Professor
Dr. Pasquetto research covers two main areas of inquiry, namely data governance (with a special focus on open data practices) and mis- and disinformation studies. She has also written about algorithmic fairness, digital labor, open science, data science and quantitative epistemologies, digital libraries, and the politics of genetic ancestry testing. Her work has been published in a number of academic venues in the fields of library and information science, science and technology studies, media studies and human-computer interaction.
Dr. Pasquetto is a Senior Research Fellow and Senior Editor at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics, and Public Policy, at the Harvard Kennedy School, where she co-founded the Harvard Kennedy School Misinformation Review in 2019.
Research & Focus Areas
- Accessibility and Inclusive Design
- Archival Science
- Data Privacy and Sociotechnical Cybersecurity
- Digital Humanities
- Future of Work
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information Justice, Human Rights, and Technology Ethics
- Library and Information Science
- Social Networks, Online Communities, and Social Media