Digital Curation for Information Professionals (DCIP) Certificate Program
Advance Your Career in Library Sciences or Curation With a Certification in the Latest Digital Techniques
DCIP CERTIFICATE @ THE UMD ISCHOOL
With information growing at a rapid pace, organizations have a critical need for digital curation professionals to manage and preserve digital assets.
The Digital Curation for Information Professionals (DCIP) certificate program is designed for individuals currently in the library, archives, or digital curation field, or who are planning to enter it, but wish to enhance their digital skills. The program, through three online courses, takes you on a journey from introductory through advanced digital curation lessons while focusing on practical applications.
Would you like to learn more and connect with our program team?
Request More Information
This is the program for you if you:
- Are in or entering the library, archives, or curation field
- Would like to advance your knowledge of digital curation skills and techniques
- Would like to boost your library, archives, or curation career
Why choose the DCIP program?
We tailor projects and coursework to your experience level and goals for a customized educational experience. We teach digital curation theories and techniques in successive steps from introductory through advanced so that each level of understanding builds upon knowledge acquired in the program – creating an exciting and attainable journey that culminates in advanced skill levels. The DCIP focuses on practical applications and hands-on applied learning opportunities, giving you the tools to apply these skills directly and immediately to your career. Some of the other great benefits of our program:
- World-renowned professors who are not only experts in next-generation technologies, but are helping to design them
- Prestigious institution, ranked #2 in the USA by TheBestSchools.org and #8 by US News & World Report
- Fully online to fit your schedule
- Designed to accommodate working professionals
- 3 courses, less than one year (January – August)
UMD Top Ranked for Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded Overall and to Minority Groups in Computer and Information SciencesNovember 15, 2022 | CMNS Staff
New rankings published by The Chronicle of Higher Education and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.
On October 28, 2022, Dr. Joel Chan discussed new processes to aid in interdisciplinary knowledge synthesis.