Info Challenge – Register to Compete
Are you creative? Analytical? Have a knack for solving complex problems?
Student registration is now closed for the 2023 Challenge.
The University of Maryland (UMD) Info Challenge is an annual week-long challenge late February where college students from across four Maryland academic institutions solve real-world problems in the areas of data analytics, security, and design—using data provided by partner organizations such as Amazon Web Services, the National Cancer Institute, Booz Allen Hamilton, The Library of Congress, and the The U.S. Department of Agriculture. The 2023 event will take place February 25 – March 4. View 2023 projects here.
- Must be a college student at: University of Maryland College Park (UMCP), University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), Montgomery College, or the United States Naval Academy (USNA)
- No prior data experience required!
- Register individually to compete. You will later register your team or be assigned a team by IC23.
- Select a challenge project provided by a partnering organization.
- Use your creativity and analytical skills to solve the challenge.
- Work with a mentor from a partnering organization.
- Compete for exciting prizes and bragging rights.
- This is a free event, including admission, swag, food, and prizes.
Students, register Nov 1 – Dec 15, 2022, 11:59 PM EST to participate in the 2023 Challenge!
USNA Students will be contacted by USNA faculty with an invitation.