Understanding and creating generalizable configurations of people, computing, and information that augment human intelligence and creativity.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Creativity Support Tools
- Collective Intelligence & Crowdsourcing
- Social Computing
- PhD, Cognitive Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, 2014
- MS, Cognitive Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, 2012
- BS, Psychology, University of the Ozarks, 2009
Best Paper Award at the ASME Design Theory and Methodology Conference, the Design Studies Award 2015, and an NSF Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant.
Associated Research Centers
Research & Focus Areas
- CHS: Small: Innovation Through Analogical Search
- When Does Encouraging Diverse Initial Solutions Lead to Better Final Solutions?
- Infrastructure (or the lack thereof) for collective design: The case of community access to high-speed Internet in the city of Baltimore
- Accelerating Cross-Disciplinary Innovation with Computational Analogy