UMD DATA CHALLENGE 2021
UMD students, are you fascinated by data? Do you love solving real-world problems? Are you looking for a chance to develop your analytical skills? Well look no further! You are invited to participate in the 4th annual UMD Data Challenge 2021!
The UMD Data Challenge 2021 (DC21) is an annual week-long multi-university data exploration competition hosted by the UMD iSchool, where students solve real-world data challenges for organizations such as Amazon Web Services and the National Cancer Institute. At the event you can:
- Gain real-world analytical experience
- Build your technical, networking, and leadership skills
- Enhance your resume with teamwork or volunteer experience
- Students from all UMD programs may volunteer
Even if you are not looking to be part of the competition, you can still be a part of the event. Volunteers are also needed to help during the Kick-Off Event and the Showcase and Judging Event.
Participant registration opens November 1, 2020 at 8am, however you can sign up to volunteer any time here.
Email the DC21 team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9.1.2020 - 12.15.2020 >>> Sign up to be a Mentor or Judge
- 9.1.2020 - 11.30.2020 >>> Supply a Dataset
- 1.26.21 >>> Virtual Event Volunteer Information Session
- 1.29.21 >>> Virtual Mentor and Judge Information Session
- 2.20.21 >>> Virtual UMD Data Challenge 2021 Kick-off Event
- 2.27.21 >>> Virtual Showcase and Judging Event