Technology for Social Good Virtual Panel
Technology has opened opportunities for new ways of creating good. Join Ladies in Tech and the College of Information Studies to hear from leaders leveraging tech for social good. This virtual panel discussion will feature leaders who have harnessed technologies to bring change to our community, provide resources to those in need, and make the world a better place for all. Learn from our guest speakers about the role their respective technology plays in the social-good work they do and how they were able to push the industry forward by improving the way we find solutions to complex societal issues.
Location: Via Zoom (register for details)
Zoom Instructions: Here is the registration link: http://bit.ly/april20t4sg. As soon as you register, Zoom will email you webinar login details.
- Dr. Galina Reitz (moderator) - Faculty Program Director at University of Maryland School of Information Studies
- Natasha Hurwitz - NIH - health and human services
- Vera Rhoades - Senior Managing Consultant UX at IBM Interactive Experience (IBMiX)
- Peter Sterba - Software Developer at Enlighten IT Consulting
- Nida Yousfi - IT Security Consultant at Guidehouse
12:00 - 1:30pm
12:00-12:15pm: Introductions (Dr. Reitz)
12:15-1:00pm: Panel Discussion
1:00-1:30pm: Audience Q&A
Panel Questions (moderated by Dr. Reitz):
- How and why did you get into the IT industry?
- In what ways have you and your company advanced technology?
- What is one way we can make a substantial difference in society using technology?
- How is your organization responding to the COVID-19 crisis?
- How has the IT field changed in the past five years? What do you predict will happen in the next 5 to 10 years?
- What certifications do you feel are most important in your area of focus? Why?
- What would you recommend for new professionals entering the field?