Accepting PhD StudentsThis faculty member is currently accepting Ph.D. students
Mega SubramaniamProfessor and Associate Dean for Faculty
Patuxent Building, Room 2109-E
Dr. Subramaniam’s research focuses on enhancing the role of libraries in fostering the mastery of emerging digital literacies that are essential to STEM learning among underserved young people. Her work has been generously funded by various federal and private agencies, and is intended to bring research and practice together to enhance the skills of in-service and pre-service librarians.
Enhancing the role of libraries in fostering digital literacies among underserved young people.
Current Research Interests
- Youth learning and technology
- Youth emerging digital literacies
- Learning in libraries
- PhD, Florida State
- 2019 Fulbright Specialist
- 2019 LJ (Library Journal) Movers & Shakers Award – Educators
- 2017 ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education) Pratt-Severn Faculty Innovation Award