VIRTUAL CS Internship & Career Fair
Event Start Date: Monday, September 27, 2021 - 12:00 pm
Event End Date: Monday, September 27, 2021 - 7:00 pm
CS Event Information
The fair will begin at 2pm and end at 7pm. Since this is a virtual event, things will be a little different this year. Once you log into your Careers4Terps account, you will be able to sign up to speak with employers. Some will have queues that you will have to sign up for, your place will be reserved in the order you sign up.
- Once you are accepted into the virtual 1 on 1 with the recruiter, introduce yourself. Make sure you speak with confidence, slowly and clearly, make eye contact (look directly into the camera, not at yourself),and avoid fidgeting.
- There will be a time limit set by employers for each 1 on 1 meeting between 5 and 10 minutes. They will automatically have the resume that you uploaded.
- Your first order of business is to learn about internship or full time employment opportunities available to you. If you are interested in a very popular company or organization, please be prepared to wait for an opportunity to speak to a recruiter. You might want to spend some time looking at other companies CS Career and Internship Fair before settling in for a long wait.
- Some companies may offer group sessions. If they do, we suggest attending these before signing up for a 1 on 1 with a recruiter so you can learn about the company and what they are looking for.
- The Department and Career Services will also be offering help and tips for making the virtual career fair the best it can be for you so look for their group room.
Tips: Take notes and make sure you take the recruiter’s contact information.
Have a good time, and make sure that you meet people from many different companies and organizations. Sometimes, you can discover a place to work or intern that you had previously not considered.