Job & Internship Openings
Jobs & Internships
To add your job to our widget, please visit Careers 4 Terps to create an account and add a position. Make sure you specify "Information Studies (iSchool)" as the desired major for your position. You may also specify the degree program you want to target - choose from:
- Information Science (Bachelor of Science)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Master of Information Management (MIM)
- Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction (HCIM)
Alternatively, you may email a position description to email@example.com and specify that you want to target Information Studies students (and the specific degree program, if applicable).
Student Instructions for INST389: Supervised Internship in Information Science
Students interested in participating in an internship for credit may enroll in INST389. Please note:
- Students may only enroll in up to 3 credits of INST389 in a given semester
- Students may only enroll in a maximum of 6 credits total of INST389 during the course of the undergraduate program
- INST389 does not count as an Upper-level Major Elective
Credits hours for INST389:
- 1 credit = 45 total contact hours over the semester
- 2 credits = 90 total contact hours over the semester
- 3 credits = 135 total contact hours over the semester
If you are unsure about the total number of credits you should register for please contact the INST389 course instructor.
Verifying Your InfoSci Internship
Once you enroll in INST389 the course instructor will contact you to verify your internship. This is usually verified by providing whatever internship contract you have completed with the company/your supervisor/etc. If you are unable to produce sufficient verification of your internship, and the duties you will be completing during the course of your internship, you will be dropped from the course.
Career Center Internship Search
Please contact prospective employers directly for questions about specific positions. For questions or comments about the functionality of our job and internship listing page, please contact InfoSci@umd.edu.