P. Kenyon Crowley
P. Kenyon Crowley
4332P Van Munching Hall
Entered Program In: 2014
Hometown: Takoma Park, MD
Other Roles at the University: Deputy Director, Center for Health Information and Decision Systems (CHIDS), Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- B.S.B.A - International Business, Cameron School of Business, University of NC at Wilmington
- MBA and MSIS, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- Health information systems
- Health informatics
- Digital therapeutics
- Crowley, K, Zhao, X, Choi, J, Brier, J, Tausczik, Y, Wiggins, A. Applying a Stage-Based Model of Information Behavior to Direct-to- Consumer Genetic Testing. JASIST (Under Review)
- Dugas, M, Crowley, K, Gao, A, Agarwal, R., Kruglanski, A, Steinle, A. Individual differences in regulatory mode moderate the effectiveness of a pilot mHealth intervention for diabetes management among older veterans. Plos One (Under Review)
- Crowley, K, Gold, RS, Bandi, S, Agarwal, R (2016) The Public Health Information Technology Maturity Index: An Approach to Evaluating the Adoption and Use of Public Health Information Technology. Frontiers in Public Health Services and Systems Research; 5(2):26–33.
- Bjarnadottir M, Agarwal R, Crowley K, Jin Q, Zia L, Barnes S, and Prasad K. “Improving Decision Making using Health Data Analytics,” in Big Data and Health Analytics,” H. Lehman and K. Marconi (ed.), Taylor and Francis, 2014.
- Designing Consumer Health IT: A Guide for Developers and Systems Designers. (2012) (Prepared by Westat under Contract No. HHSA290200900023I.) AHRQ Publication No. 12-0066- EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. September 2012.
Conference Presentations, Invited Workshops, and Talks
- Digital Health Trends, Tools and Therapeutics for Chronic Disease Management. Grand Rounds for the University of Maryland Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition. Baltimore, MD. June 2017
- Public Health IT Maturity. State Health IT Connect Forum, Baltimore, MD, March 2017.
- Applying a Stage-Based Model of Information Behavior to Direct-to- Consumer Genetic Testing. International. International Convention of Psychological Science, Vienna, Austria, March 2017.
- Genetics Motivation Viz. Visual Analytics in HealthCare Workshop. AMIA Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2016.
- Precision behavioral intervention technology to improve physical activity, nutrition, glucose management, and treatment adherence: Promising pilot clinical trial results. The International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA) Annual Meeting, Cape Town, South Africa, June 2016.
- Personalized Mobile-Social Medicine for Chronic Disease: Pilot Clinical Trial Results Towards a Theory of Sustained Health Behavior Change. 5th Games for Health Europe, Utrecht, Netherlands, November 2015.
- Improving Primary Care and Public Health Integration: Evaluation using the Public Health Information Technology Maturity Index, International Hospital Federation 36th World Hospital Congress, Chicago, IL, October 2015.
- Helping Grandma Thrive: 4 Challenges for Developing Mobile Apps for Chronic Disease and Wellbeing, CHI Annual Conference, Developing Emotional Skills and Wellbeing Workshop, Seoul, Korea, May 2015.
- Tech in Public Health, University of Maryland Health Services Administration Student Association (HSASA) Event, College Park, MD, March 2015
- Health IT Innovations to Watch, Booz Allen Hamilton Innovation Hub, Rockville, MD, November 2014
- Expert Panel on Venture Success, American Telemedicine Association Venture Summit, Baltimore, MD, March 2014.
- Quantified Self, American Public Health Association Annual Conference Codeathon, New Orleans, LA, March 2014
- Emerging Tools for Patient Engagement and Mobile Health, Military EHR Symposium, Arlington, VA, October 2013.
- Telemedicine Innovations, MEDCITY CONVERGE health innovation conference, Philadelphia, PA, July 2014.
- Health Gamification, American Public Health Association Annual Conference Boston, MA, October 2013.
- HIMSS Annual Conference, The DC RHIO and HIE Sustainability, 2011
- Global Business Consulting Practicum (Spring 2017) - Faculty Advisor
- Telemedicine Executive Education (Spring 2015) - Instructor
- BMGT 499D: Health Information Technology (Spring 2014) – Co-Instructor
- BUDT758L: Software Engineering Mobile/Web Apps for eHealth (Spring 2014) - Co-Instructor
Appointments and Service
- National Science Foundation, Smart and Connected Health Program Review Committee, 2017-present
- National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics, Working Group on Data Access and Use, Member, 2012-present
- Workshop on Health IT & Economics, Conference Program Director, Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality, 2010-present
- Mobile-Social Informatics for FDA Regulatory Innovation. Conference Chair, FDA and M-CERSI, 2015
- Advisory Board Member, University of Maryland University College, Health Informatics Program, 2015-present
- American Telemedicine Association Venture Summit Selection Committee, 2014 XPrize Mentor, 2014
Honors and Awards
- iSchool Dean’s Awards for Most Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper, 2016-2017
- Winner, 77th ASIS&T Annual Conference Student Design Challenge, 2014
- Dean’s Fellowship, UMD iSchool, 2014-2015
- Winner, 2013 American Public Health Association Annual Conference Codeathon