Maria Esteva is a researcher and data curator at the Texas Advanced Computing Center at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work is research and development oriented, focusing on the design, implementation and evaluation of large scale digital archiving, preservation and curation services with the backdrop of High Performance Computing environments. She has presented work in major conferences in the field and is currently PI and Co-PI of two NSF grants involving the design and development of cyberinfrastructure platforms for data curation and archiving. Specifically in those she models digital archiving practices to experimental and simulation research workflows. As a visiting professor and scholar she has been teaching in Argentina numerous university graduate courses and seminars since 2014. Her early work on large-scale archives processing using data analysis and visualization methods for large scale archival processing tasks under research grants from the National Archives and Records Administration from 2009 to 2013, was seminal to the concept of Computational Archival Sciences.
- High Performance Distributed Collection Architectures
- Data Modeling to Scientific Research Practices
- Investigation and Design of Large Scale Collection Curation Services within Cyberinfrastructure Platforms
- Digital Archiving : Large Scale Archival Processing and Preservation
- Ellen Rathje; Clint Dawson; Jamie Padgett; Jean-Paul Pinelli; Dan Stanzione; Ashley Adair; Pedro Arduino; Scott J Brandenberg; Tim Cockerill; Charlie Dey; Maria Esteva; Fred L Haan; Matthew Hanlon; Ahsan Kareem; Laura Lowes; Stephen Mock; Gilberto Mosqueda (2017) DesignSafe: A New Cyberinfrastructure for Natural Hazards Engineering. In Print, ASCE's Natural Hazards Review
- Maria Esteva, Ramona Walls (2016), Identifier Services, Tracking Objects and Metadata Across Time and Distributed Storage Systems. Proceedings of the International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications. 13 – 16 October 2016. Copenhagen. Available at: http://dcevents.dublincore
- Maria Esteva, Scott Brandenburg, Mohamad Eslami, Ashley Adair, Sivakumar Kulasekaran. (2016). Modelling Natural Hazards Engineering Data to Cyberinfrastructure. Proceedings of the SciDataCon 2016. 11-13 September 2016, Denver, Colorado. Available at: http://www.scidatacon.org/2016
- Weijia Xu,Ruizhu Huang, Maria Esteva, Jawon Song, Ramona Walls, (2016) Content-based Comparison for Collections Identification, Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, December 5-8, Washington DC. In Print.
- Sandra Sweat, Aditi Ranaganath, Maria Esteva, Masa Prodanovic. (2016). User Guided Design: Building Confidence in Engineering Data Publication. Proceedings of the SciDataCon 2016. 11-13 September 2016, Denver, Colorado. Available at: http://www.scidatacon.org/
- Maria Esteva, Sandra Sweat, Robert McLay, Weijia Xu, Sivakumar Kulasekaran (2016). Data Curation with a Focus on Reuse. Proceedings of the 2016 IEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries. June 19-23 Newark, USA. ACM Digital Library. doi: 10.1145/2910896.2910906
- Jessica Trelogan, Maria Esteva, Lauren Jackson (2015) Preserving an Evolving Collection: “On-The-Fly” solutions for the Chora of Metaponto Publication Series. Proceedings of iPRES 2015, Chapel Hill, USA, November 2 – 6. Available at http://phaidra.univie.ac.at/o:
- Maria Esteva, Anne Bowen, Todd Richard Goodall, Alan Conrad Bovik, Zach Brian Abel (2015). Evaluation of Non-Reference Quality Assessment Algorithms to Curate Born-Digital Video Collections. IS&T Archiving Conference, Volume 2015, Number 1, May 2015, pp. 124-129 (6) Society of Imaging Science and Technology.