This project brings together machine learning researchers and human-computer interaction researchers to build effective environments for information exploration.
- Making machine learning more useful, more interpretable, and able to learn from humans.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- PhD, Computer Science, Princeton University, 2010
- MA, Computer Science, Princeton University, 2007
- BS, Computer Science / History, California Institute of Technology, 2004
- NSF Career Award, Quora Top Writer, Best Paper Awards NAACL & CoNLL, Best Demonstration Award NIPS, Karen Spärk Jones Award, Richter Undergrad Research Fellowship, Caltech Jorgensen Scholarship, AAAI Research Award.
- 25% College of Information Studies
- 25% College of Computer, Mathematical, & Natural Sciences
- 25% Maryland Language Science Center
- 25% Institute for Advanced Computer Studies (UMIACS)