Understanding how people use social media to improve the way they interact with information
- Social networks
- Web science
- Artificial intelligence
- Human-computer interaction
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Maryland College Park
- SM, Computer Science, University of Chicago
- SB, Computer Science, University of Chicago
- AB, Economics, University of Chicago
Dr. Jen Golbeck is a world leader in social media research and science communication. She began studying social media from the moment it emerged on the web a decade ago, and is one of the world’s foremost experts in the field. Her research has influenced industry, government and the military. She is a pioneer in the field of social data analytics, discovering people’s hidden attributes from their online behavior, and a leader in creating human-friendly security and privacy systems. She is an Associate Professor at the University of Maryland.
- INST631 Fundamentals of Human-Computer Interaction
RECENT PUBLICATIONS & PRODUCTS
- Golbeck, Jennifer. "Benford’s Law Applies to Online Social Networks." PloS one 10.8 (2015): e0135169.
- Ted Talk: TEDxMidatlantic: The Curly Fry Conundrum
- Book: Introduction to Social Media Investigation: ISBN-13: 978-0128016565
- Book: Analyzing the social web | ISBN-13: 978-0124055315