- Design and implementation of accessible and engaging programming environments that support learners in developing meaningful understandings of computational ideas and positive attitudes towards computing.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Learning & Design
- Computational Research Methodologies
- Computational Thinking & Literacy
- Video Games
- Data Science
- PhD, Learning Sciences, Northwestern University, 2016
- BS, Computer Science, University of Michigan, 2005
- Northwestern Dissertation and Cognitive Science Fellowships, 1st Place Grad. Student Research Competition at SIGCSE, Travel Grants.
- 25% College of Information Studies
- 75% College of Education