Good Neighbor Day
The Good Neighbor Day Food Drive is back to support our neighbors in need. All donations will benefit the UMD Campus Pantry and College Park Community Food Bank. Please consider supporting these efforts below:
- Monetary donations
- College Park Community Food Bank - supports local families in Greater College Park with distributions every Saturday.
- UMD Campus Pantry - supports the UMD campus community with distributions every Friday
- If you live in the City of College Park, request a bag to be delivered to your residence the week of October 26th, place your food items inside, and we will collect the week of November 2nd following health and safety guidelines. We are collecting non-perishable food items such as canned goods, pasta, and sauce, peanut butter, rice, etc. RSVP here.
- IKEA Drive-Up Food Collection
- There will be a drive-up food collection on Good Neighbor Day (11/7/20) 8:00am - 1:00pm at IKEA - College Park, 10100 Baltimore Ave. Please place donations in the trunk of your vehicle so that our volunteers may collect the food items following health and safety guidelines. There will be no physical contact or need to leave your vehicle. RSVP here.
- Good Neighbor Day is November 7, 2020 and will be a mix of small, physically-distanced projects and virtual workshops
- All volunteers will follow health and safety guidelines, and be supplied with a mask and gloves.
City of College Park District 2 residents may bring donations to the College Park Community Center on November 8 if they vote in-person for the Special Election.
Now more than ever, we all need to do our part in being a good neighbor. Together, we can use these unprecedented and unveiling times to demonstrate our comradery. Visit goodneighborday.umd.edu to learn more and get involved.