UMD iSchool courses use the program codes INFM, INST, and LBSC.
In order to be eligible for registration, students must have their financial accounts settled and have no holds on their account. Please note that Student Services does not have access to your student bill or holds. All questions about your student billing account and holds must be directed to the Student Financial Services and Cashiering.
Bachelor of Science in Information Science Program
- Plan your schedule...
- When preparing for registration, refer to the four-year plan to help organize your class schedule. Be sure to have prepared alternate schedules in the event that a planned course is unavailable.
- Click here to view current course offerings for Spring 2020 on the Schedule of Classes.
- Students who do not have a Mandatory Advising block should check on Testudo that no other block is on their account. Otherwise they are ready to register.
- Students who do not have a Mandatory Advising block and need permission for INST346 or INST490, may email advising at email@example.com and sign up for drop-in hours remotely if you’d like to speak to an advisor.
- Students who have Mandatory Advising this semester will be invited to an ELMS space to facilitate that process and are required to schedule a pre-registration advising appointment in order to fulfill their mandatory advising requirement.
- Please login to ELMS for step by step instructions for resolving a Mandatory Advising block.
- The student will be expected to submit a complete draft of their InfoSci 4 Year/Academic plan.
- The InfoSci 4-Year Plan must be completed prior to the advising session.
- Review your degree audit on uachieve.umd.edu to ensure you have all of your Gen Eds complete, or listed in your 4-year plan to be completed.
- Follow the INST co-requisite & prerequisite list to ensure you meet all INST course requirements.
- Due to recent campus closures, advisors will be emailing you an invitation to meet with an advisor remotely either via phone or video conference call. We recommend having your academic plan available to reference during advising meeting.
- Register for classes.
- Review Your Pre-Set Class Schedule
Students in this program will receive a pre-set class schedule that allows for the completion of the program in two years. You will be provided with this schedule by your advisor prior to registration.
- Non-InfoSci majors will be unable to register for INST courses until the first day of Schedule Adjustment, and may only enroll in INST courses with permission from the instructor of the course.
2. The instructor must e-mail the Undergraduate Student Services office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This process does NOT guarantee permission to enroll. Permission may be granted pending the availability of seats in the course.
For course registration, please review the required curriculum and program checklist for your program. Additionally, for HCIM students, please review the HCIM Registration Guide. If you would like guidance in developing your semester schedule, please contact a student advisor at our Student Services Office.
Please refer to the UMD academic calendar for semester dates and the UMD registration guides for registration deadlines and information. The UMD Graduate School also keeps a calendar of important deadlines. The Office of the Registrar has detailed information about Schedule Adjustment (including Drop/Add policies, penalties, and refund schedules).