Youth Experience (YX) Certificate
The Youth Experience (YX) Certificate, a four-course, all-online graduate certificate, will build your capacity to adapt to the changing landscape of youth learning and technology, enabling you to:
- design and implement policies, programs, and technology that benefit young people’s learning, development, and life endeavors
- become change agents for youth development which supports learning with new media
- adopt a design thinking approach and undertake projects that emphasize creating with-youth-for-youth design methods
- identify best practices to be inclusive of all youth’s needs, in particular youth from disadvantaged populations
- apply core theories and models from information science and learning sciences to address needs of youth
- partner with other cultural institutions and community organizations to help with youth programming, education, and other projects related to youth development.
The core of the certificate is its emphasis on learning sciences, including critical aspects of promoting learning using technology such as adult mentorship, partnership, participatory design, and design thinking in the context of learning in libraries.
The application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now open! Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2018. Visit the Apply page on the YX website to get started! If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fees
Please visit our tuition and fees page for more information on the cost of the YX Certificate program. Students admitted into the certificate program are eligible for in-state online tuition.