Congratulations on your impending graduation! Students must apply for graduation, please see the steps below.
Both graduate students and undergraduate students must apply for a diploma no later than the end of the Schedule Adjustment period at the beginning of the semester in which they wish to graduate. Applications can be processed on-line through the Registrar's Office.
Graduate students can get more information regarding graduation requirements by going to Graduate Degree Clearance Services.
- Apply for graduation. (The deadline to apply for Spring 2020 graduation is Feb 7, 2020.)
- Settle your student financial account.
- Meet all university and program requirements. If you have questions about this, schedule an appointment with your advisor.
- Update your address and email address on Testudo
- Purchase your regalia from the University Book Center
- Get involved with the iSchool Alumni Association
Graduates will receive their diplomas through the mail roughly six weeks after commencement. Please note that diplomas will not be mailed out if a student has any incomplete or failing grades in courses required for their degree. Contact Diploma@umd.edu or 301-314-8270 for more information.