Congratulations on your impending graduation! Students must apply for graduation, please see the steps below.
Both graduate students and undergraduate students must apply for a diploma no later than the end of the Schedule Adjustment period at the beginning of the semester in which they wish to graduate. Applications can be processed on-line through the Registrar's Office.
Graduate students can get more information regarding graduation requirements by going to Graduate Degree Clearance Services.
- Apply for graduation.
- Settle your student financial account.
- Meet all university and program requirements. If you have questions about this, schedule an appointment with your advisor.
- Update your address and email address on Testudo
- Purchase your regalia from the University Book Center
- Get involved with the iSchool Alumni Association
- UMD iSchool Virtual Spring Ceremony will be available here on Thursday, May 20th at 1 pm
- Name Reading and Conferral of Degree videos will be available on Thursday, May 20th at 1:30 pm.
- Download the Program
Winter 2020 Commencement (Virtual):
- Download Program
- UMD iSchool Virtual Winter Ceremony
Spring 2020 Commencement took place virtually on May 22, 2020.
Graduates will receive their diplomas through the mail roughly six weeks after commencement. Please note that diplomas will not be mailed out if a student has any incomplete or failing grades in courses required for their degree. Contact Diploma@umd.edu or 301-314-8270 for more information.