- University of Maryland (UMD) Financial Aid - UMD offers loans, grants, and scholarships to undergraduate students.
- Universities at Shady Grove (USG) Financial Aid - USG offers 60+ financial aid opportunities specifically for students at USG.
- 2+2 Transfer Scholarship
- Maryland Delegate & Senatorial Scholarships
- State Financial Assistance Programs and Applications
- Financial Aid & Scholarships for DACA & Undocumented Students
- UMD Career Center Bright Futures Unpaid Internship Scholarship - awards students with need-based scholarships ranging from $250-$1,250 to help offset expenses during unpaid internships. Must be with a non-profit organization or government agency.
- The Carlson Family Leadership Scholarship - The Carlson Family Leadership Scholarship provides annual scholarships to undergraduate students at the University who are in good academic standing and are active members of any registered student organization at the University. Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate strong leadership skills or the ability to develop such skills. Demonstrated financial need or other circumstances will also factor in to the selection process.
- The Brandon James Malstrom Memorial Scholarship Fund - The Brandon James Malstrom Memorial Scholarship was established in December 2002 by Brandon's friends and family. Spendable income from the Scholarship provides an annual scholarship for a transfer student at the University who shares the educational aspirations that Brandon exemplified.
- The Joseph M. Mitchell Scholarship - Scholarships will be awarded each fall and spring semester to one or more deserving students. These are one-time awards of up to $1,000 per recipient. Contributions to the Scholarship Award fund are welcomed.
- The Maryland Parents Association Scholarship Fund - The Maryland Parents Association Student Scholarship Fund was established in 2005 by the Parent Advisory Council to provide support for current students in good standing who may be unable to continue their education at the University due to extenuating financial circumstances. The fund provides a one-time award for the academic year and is available to students who have completed at least 24 credit hours at the University. Scholarships of up to $2,000 are awarded annually.
- The Divine Nine Emergency Tuition and Assistance Fund - This fund was established by university alumni associated with the National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc. It provides emergency tuition and book assistance to undergraduate students who are members of a NPHC affiliated organization and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at the University. The average award amount ranges from $250-$500.
- The LGBT Advocacy Scholarship Fund - Supports students who advocate on behalf of the LGBT community at the University of Maryland.
- The Veterans in Transition Crisis Fund - This fund was established by the S. Irwin Kamin Foundation in honor of Dr. Nancy K. Schlossberg to provide immediate emergency support to UMD veteran students experiencing unforeseen financial hardship.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: go.umd.edu/USG_External_Scholarships
- Emergency Assistance "Bridging the Gap" Fund - The College of Information Studies invites faculty, staff, and students to submit a request that a student be considered for “emergency” financial assistance. The Emergency Assistance (“Bridging the Gap”) Fund provides emergency assistance of up to $500 to any iSchool student in need who is put forth by a faculty member, staff member, or fellow student and who is selected to receive these funds.
- UMD Campus Pantry - Provides emergency food to UMD students, faculty, and staff.
Visit the UMD iSchool Emergency Support Resources page to learn more about these and other support options.