Our advisors are here to support you along your academic journey. Please reach out at any time with ideas, questions, or concerns. Advising is currently being held virtually.
Drop-in advising for Fall 2021 will be available both in-person and virtually.
Monday and Tuesday, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Wednesday and Thursday, 9:30 am-11:30 am
In-person drop-in advising will be in the iSchool Student Services Office, HBK 0217. Students will need to check in at the reception desk in the lobby. Please note, we continue to follow CDC and UMD guidance on masking. If you do not wish to wear a mask or do not have a mask at the time of service you must access virtual advising.
To access virtual advising:
- Go to Virtual Advising to connect to Waitwhile. NOTE: This link is only active during designated drop-in times (see above) if you experience an error please contact an InfoSci advisor at InfoSci@umd.edu.
- Once you have added yourself to the Waitwhile queue you will be contacted by an advisor with your remote advising invitation link.
- The advisor will give you 10 minutes to join the advising session before they move on to the next student.
- If you are having trouble joining the advising session let the advisor know as soon as possible by replying to the email with the invitation link.
Current InfoSci students ("InfoSci Ambassadors") are also available to answer your questions!
iSchool Ambassador Drop-In Hours
- Fridays from 2:00-4:00pm
- iSchool Ambassador Drop-In Hours are available in-person or virtually.
- Sign up for virtual iSchool Ambassador Drop-In Hours by clicking here during posted drop-in hours. You will be contacted via email with a remote advising invitation when it is your time to be served. You will have 10 minutes to join before the iSchool Ambassador moves on to the next student.
InfoSci Ambassadors are available to assist with common questions about the major such as:
- What is the major like? What do you learn?
- What are some good classes to take together?
- What are some options for upper level electives? Do I have to do a specialization?
- How do I fill out an Academic Plan?
- What should I do if I want to add another major or study abroad?
**PLEASE NOTE: INFOSCI AMBASSADORS CANNOT LIFT BLOCKS OR ISSUE REGISTRATION PERMISSIONS**
Click Here to access Ambassador Drop-In Hours
Visit our registration page for information about Mandatory Advising for registration.