Our advisors are here to support you along your academic journey. Please reach out at any time with ideas, questions, or concerns. Advising is currently being held virtually.
Remote Drop-in Advising
- Summer 2021
- Begins June 1st and will be: Monday and Tuesday from 1:00pm-3:00pm EST
To "Drop-in" during these hours:
- Go to Virtual Advising to connect to Waitwhile. NOTE: This link is only active during designated drop-in times (see above) if you experience an error please contact an InfoSci advisor at InfoSci@umd.edu.
- Once you have added yourself to the Waitwhile queue you will be contacted by an advisor with your remote advising invitation link.
- The advisor will give you 10 minutes to join the advising session before they move on to the next student.
- If you are having trouble joining the advising session let the advisor know as soon as possible by replying to the email with the invitation link.
Current InfoSci students ("InfoSci Ambassadors") are also available to answer your questions!
InfoSci Ambassador Virtual Drop-In Hours
- No Ambassador Drop-In Hours over the Summer and they will resume in the Fall 2021 semester.
InfoSci Ambassadors are available to assist with common questions about the major such as:
- What is the major like? What do you learn?
- What are some good classes to take together?
- What are some options for upper level electives? Do I have to do a specialization?
- How do I fill out an Academic Plan?
- What should I do if I want to add another major or study abroad?
**PLEASE NOTE: INFOSCI AMBASSADORS CANNOT LIFT BLOCKS OR ISSUE REGISTRATION PERMISSIONS**
Click Here to access Ambassador Drop-In Hours
Visit our registration page for information about Mandatory Advising for registration.