Jonathan Brier is a Ph.D. student at the School of Information at University of Maryland College Park, advised by Susan Winter and Brian Butler. His research covers the evaluation, development, and evolution of cyberinfrastructure and online communities. Currently, he is focused on the evaluation of the sustainability of communities and technology in the domain of citizen science from the at the individual and systems level. His work can be found via ORCID 0000-0003-0668-0089. He is a Junior Fellow at the Center for the Advanced Study of Communities and Information (CASCI) in the iSchool and an advisor to Scistarter.com and CitSci.org. Jonathan earned the rank of Eagle Scout and served as the Workshop Chair for the Citizen Science Association for CitSci2019.
The evaluation, development, and evolution of cyberinfrastructure and online communities.
Current Research Interests
- The science of citizen science
- Social computing platforms and technologies
- Online communities health and sustainability
- Crowdsourcing and Open Data
Recent Research Projects
- B.S. in Media and Communication Technology, Michigan State University, 2010
- M.S. in Information, University of Michigan, 2012