American Library Association (ALA @ UMD)
- 2017-18 President: Lauren Schirle, email@example.com
- 2016-17 President: Lindsay Inge
- iDiversity is open to all graduate students in the iSchool. Our mission is to promote awareness of inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility within the information professions. This takes the form of workshops, reading groups, community projects, and fundraisers/drives. Students interested in social justice and activism are encouraged to join us even if you are an online student and/or can’t make our in-person meetings. We have several projects that can be completed entirely online, and we are happy to arrange virtual meetings.
- For more information, visit our website, or connect with iDiversity through Facebook, Twitter, or via email at iDiversity.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Science Society
- 2017-18 President: Chantelle Rodriguez
- The aim is to form a community that helps students build and expand their professional network, learn about modern technologies, and meet student with similar interests within the information science field.
- To learn more and get involved, visit our Facebook page or email us at email@example.com
Master of Information Management Student Association (MIMSA)
- 2017-18 President: Sohan Shah
- The Master of Information Management Student Association (MIMSA) is a student organization dedicated to the advancement of the program through professional, academic and co-curricular activities. It strives to create a vibrant and interactive environment between Faculty, Alumni and Students of the program. MIMSA provides opportunities to current and incoming students to connect with other MIM students and share knowledge. It strives to provide MIM students an opportunity to connect with the professional world.
- For more information, visit our website, or connect with MIMSA through Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Student Archivists at Maryland (SAM)
- 2016-17 President: Jennifer Wachtel
- The student chapter of the Society of American Archivists (SAA) is open to all students currently enrolled at the University of Maryland. The membership consists primarily of students in the College of Information Studies, from the Archives and the HiLS programs (History and Library Science joint-masters program). SAM hosts a number of events each year, including tours of area archives and manuscript collections, as well as lectures by invited speakers on topics of interest. SAM is established for the expressed purpose of developing archival skills, as well as an awareness of social responsibilities to encourage students to participate in archival affairs.
- For more information, visit the UMD OrgSync page, or connect with SAM through Facebook or the SAM Blog.
Terps for Disability Justice
- 2017-18 President: Blair Chisholm
- Terps for Disability Justice is a community of disabled students and allies who advocate for programs and policies that help disabled students, educate the campus community about disability, and combat ableism and exclusion.
- For more information, visit our website or email us at terpsfordisabilityjustice@g